TorkCraft Biscuit Jointer (BJ02)
- A biscuit joiner is a woodworking tool used to join two pieces of wood together. It uses a small circular saw blade to cut a crescent-shaped hole in the opposite edges of two pieces of wood or wood composite panels.
- An oval-shaped, highly-dried and compressed wooden biscuit (made from beech wood) is covered with glue, or glue is applied in the slot. The biscuit is immediately placed in the slot, and the two boards are clamped together. The wet glue expands the biscuit, further improving the bond.
- The grain direction on the biscuits are diagonal to add strength to the joinery.
- The biscuit provides a quick means of getting a perfectly flush joint, while at the same time reinforcing the joint.
378 Piece Wood Biscuit Joiner Kit (BIS378)
A great biscuit joining starter kit.
The kit contains:
- 150pc #0 biscuits
- 125pc #10 biscuits
- 100pc #20 biscuits
- 1pc glue bottle
- 1pc glue applicator of biscuit slots
- 1pc glue applicator of surfaces